About our President and Founder
Margaret Torrance has almost 30 years experience helping businesses succeed – from the very small to Canada’s largest corporations. She started MVJ Group, her boutique marketing/advertising company, over 20 years ago.
Whatever Margaret focuses on – personally, professionally or as a volunteer – she approaches with passion and intensity and when she sees a challenge or a need, she is driven to finding a solution. There is nothing like researching and defining a vision and bringing that vision to fruition, especially when she has been told that ‘it is impossible’, ‘it cannot be done’ or ‘it is too hard’
To ensure her clients and endeavours flourish, Margaret goes beyond due diligence. These are difficult times and today more than ever, timely communication with the right messaging, is essential for retention and growth.
Margaret feels that she has succeeded, when she has helped others succeed.
It is this mantra that has driven Margaret to create FLiAP (Future Leaders in All Professions). Her goal is to change the status quo of our next generation of women and in doing so create leadership opportunities for ALL women in ALL professions. To empower the next generation, we must start early by assisting, educating and informing our educators. FLiAP challenges the status quo by creating a one-stop digital resource for K-12 educators, filled with global information, services and tools needed to prepare ALL their girls. FLiAP, through robust platform, exposes educators to what is needed to empower the girls to change the status quo – global insights, new ideas, creative solutions, determination… .
Margaret is involved in her Community and Industry
MVJ Group Inc. – President & Founder (1989 to present)
FLiAP (Future Leaders in All Professions) – President & Founder (2013 to present)
Imagine Canada − Member (2015 to present)
Retail Advertising and Marketing – Canada – RAC Canada (since 1999)
- Director (2000 – 2010)
- Chair – Research Committee (since 2007 – 2010)
- Chair – Promotions Committee, RAC Canada (2001-2007)
Toronto Board of Trade (since 2001): Member
Yonge-Bloor-Bay Business Association – YBB (2002 – 2009)
- Director (2002 – 2009)
- Chair: the Second Annual Golf Tournament and Fundraiser (2004)
- Creative Director: Create all promotional material; Brand manager
- Web Master: site architect, image optimizer and content manager.
Bloor Yorkville BIA (2001 – 2009)
- Member of the Promotions & Communications Committee (2005 – 2009)
Humber College (1999 – 2004)
- Chair: Marketing Advisory Committee
- Member of the Marketing Committee; Sponsor; Web Master
North York Chamber of Commerce – NYCC (1996 – 2001)
- Member of the Membership Committee and the Program Committee
- Outstanding Volunteer of the Year (2000)
Markham Board of Trade – MBT (1995 – 1999)
- Member of the Membership Satisfaction & Retention Committee
- Volunteer of the Month (Feb 1998)
MTCC 1336 Director & Treasurer
YCC 32 Director